A project milestone is a task of zero duration that shows an important achievement in a project. The milestones should represent a clear sequence of events that incrementally build up until your project is complete.
Project milestones are a way of knowing how the project is advancing, especially if you’re not familiar with the tasks being executed. They have zero duration because they symbolize an achievement or a point of time in a project. Since a milestone’s start and end date depends on a task’s start and end date, task association is a major feature of a milestone.
Creating a Project Milestone
1. Navigate to the Project timeline from the Navigation Menu.
2. Click on Milestone View to view all your project Milestones.
3. Click on "Create New Milestone".
4. Give a suitable name to your milestone.
5. Provide a description of your milestone.
6. Link your milestone to a Project Item , if you would like to
7. Press the Submit button to create your milestone.
More Details :
- Milestone Name: Enter the milestone name. Milestone name should be short.
- Description: Enter the description of the Milestone.
- Milestone Status: Choose the milestone status – New, Active, Completed
- Parent Name: Choose the Parent Task name against which the new milestone to be linked up
- Planned Date: Choose the deadline for the milestone
- Billing Milestone: Choose whether the milestone is a billing milestone or not. If chosen ‘yes’, the user needs to enter Billing Amount, value in %, and Budget status.